I have a couple of more crafts to work on before school starts in a couple of weeks. Today I am working on crate seats for my classroom. There are a ton of tutorials on how to make the seats. Here is the one I am following:
* Crates- I bought my crates from Target in the school/dorm section.
*Foam- I bought 1 inch thick foam from Joann's.
* Plywood- My husband cut mine to size but I am told that Home Depot will cut the wood for you if you give them measurements or even bring the crates with you.
After the wood was cut it was time to cut out the foam. I used craft scissors but a serrated butter knife will work well too.
Lay out your fabric and stack the foam and the plywood on top. Wrap fabric around the stack and staple to the plywood.
Turn the cushion over and place in the crate. BAM!!! There you have it!!!
**Some people attach ribbon to the sides of the cushion so they can easily pull the seat up.
Happy day after the 4th of July! Hopefully, you celebrated with family and friends and everyone had a safe great time. We had a great time. Now that the 4th is over it's time for a little work. Once July hits I start taking time to think about the upcoming school year. I do a little paperwork here and there but this week I wanted to do something fun for the upcoming school year. I found these great pencil shoes that are sure to have my 5th graders talking!
Here is the post that I got the idea from. I loved the look and after reading the instructions it seemed super simple.
Here's what you'll need:
* Light colored canvas shoes- I bought mine for $9.99 from Hobby Lobby
* Painters Tape
* Paint brushes
* Paint- Off White, Yellow, Black, Pink and Silver
1. Starting at the top of the shoe use the tape to draw out your lines. Press the tape all the way down so that the paint doesn't bleed through.
2. Continue your way down the shoe taping and painting.
3. Now show them off! I can't wait for school to start so I can show off my new foot wear!!!!