When do you my decorate for Christmas? I usually wait until the Friday after Thanksgiving but this year I went with a few days early. Just a few days...
I love decorating for Christmas! Each year I try to do something new to shake things up. This year I made a Christmas Minnie Mouse Wreath for my front door and added two mini garland Christmas trees in my living room. Here's what I did:
Minnie Mouse Christmas Wreath
3 wreaths-1 large and 2 small (Michaels)
Christmas flowers and accessories (Michaels)
Battery operated lights (had these already)
Giant Christmas bow (Joanns)
Small Christmas bows (Joanns)
Raffia-to secure ears (Michaels)
***X-Acto knife, scissors, and hot glue gun ***
Assembling was pretty easy.
1. Choose your spacing for the ears and attach the small wreaths to the larger wreath using the Raffia.
2. Once the ears were done it was time to place bows and accessories to see what I liked. The last thing I attached was the lights.
Flower Pot- I found one I liked in the Garden Center of Home Depot $6.00 each
Tomato Cage- Lowes -$2 each-I bought the 33 inch one
String of Lights- Walmart Christmas Center
Garland- 2 Strands per tree (on sale-Micheals) $4.00 per strand
These are exactly the same as the Fallmas Tree I did in September.
1. Place the tomato cage in the flower pot. The cage was a little bigger so I bent the sides and duct taped the cage to the inside of the pot so it is secure.
2. Once the cage was secured I wrapped the garland starting at the top of the pot all the way to the bottom of the cage.
3. After the garland was in place I wrapped the lights around. I used 2 strands of garland and one strand of lights. You can wrap them as close or as far away as you want. Do what looks good to you!