My aunt and my grandma suggested that I should try a Soda Cupcake so I did! Even though I don't drink soda I still wanted to try it, so lets get started!
CHERRY VANILLA COKE CUPCAKES RECIPE
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
10 tbs unsalted butter, melted
1/2 c milk
3 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Cherry Coke
6 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups into a muffin or cupcake pan like this.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
3. Mix together the melted butter, milk, oil, vanilla, Cherry Coke, and 3 of the egg whites.
4. Slowly add into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Place remaining egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat using a whisk attachment until foamy. Add the remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold 1/2 of the meringue into the batter until just combined.
7. Divide batter evenly into cups, then bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.
8. Let cupcakes cool in their pans on a wire rack for 20 minutes and then remove from pan to completely cool. (Frosting info below!)
Happy Baking!! Check in next time with J.B's Sweet Treats !!!!!
My daughter has really gotten into baking and wants to share her creations with all of you. So I decided to share the love and give my little baker her own space to express her thoughts and love of baking, writing and vlogging! So without further introduction here she is Miss Jaylah B!
It's the Holiday season and who doesn't like candy canes? My family loves candy canes and since Christmas is coming up I decided that I should make Vanilla Peppermint Cupcakes! So lets get started !
-¾ cups of butter,softened
-1 ½ cups of sugar
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup of sour cream
-½ cup of milk
-2 ½ cup of flour
-2 tsp. Baking powder
-½ tsp. Baking soda
-½ tsp. Salt
-¼ cup jimmies/sprinkles(optional)
-1 cup butter,softened
-3 cups icing sugar (powdered sugar)
-4 tbsp. Whipping cream
-2 tsp. Peppermint extract
-3-4 candy canes crushed for topping(optional)
First, you need to gather your materials. Next, Preheat oven to 350F and line 24 muffin pans with cupcake liners (I used red and white snowflake baking cups). Then, Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat in vanilla, sour cream and milk. Mix well. In another bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, soda and salt together. Slowly add the dry mixture into the butter mixture and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the sprinkles(I left this part out but feel free to add the sprinkles). Spoon into cupcake liners ⅔ full (1/2 full if using the upright cupcake holders like I used). Bake for 18-20 min. until they bounce back to a light touch and are lightly golden.
For the icing, cream the butter in a large bowl. Carefully incorporate the rest of the ingredients alternating the icing sugar with the cream and the peppermint extract and continue beating until light and fluffy.
Place icing in a piping bag with a desired tip and decorate as desired. You don’t have to be fancy. Sprinkle with candy canes.
Place cupcakes in a covered container until you are ready to eat them. Refrigerate, remove from fridge 30 min. before serving. Enjoy!!
Happy baking!!!! Check back to see some more of J.B.'s Sweet Treats!!!!