My aunt and my grandma suggested that I should try a Soda Cupcake so I did! Even though I don't drink soda I still wanted to try it, so lets get started!
CHERRY VANILLA COKE CUPCAKES RECIPE
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
10 tbs unsalted butter, melted
1/2 c milk
3 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Cherry Coke
6 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place baking cups into a muffin or cupcake pan like this.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
3. Mix together the melted butter, milk, oil, vanilla, Cherry Coke, and 3 of the egg whites.
4. Slowly add into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Place remaining egg whites in a mixing bowl and beat using a whisk attachment until foamy. Add the remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
6. Gently fold 1/2 of the meringue into the batter until just combined.
7. Divide batter evenly into cups, then bake at 350°F for 18-20 minutes.
8. Let cupcakes cool in their pans on a wire rack for 20 minutes and then remove from pan to completely cool. (Frosting info below!)
Happy Baking!! Check in next time with J.B's Sweet Treats !!!!!